Wednesday, August 22, 2012

There's Something About 30

What is it about turning 30? I can't stop thinking about it! In a very good way, I'm excited about 30, because I feel like it's a really good time in life to step out and just go after dreams.

Actually, the truth is, anytime is a good time in life, if you choose it; 30 is just where I happen to be :)

I find myself asking, "where did 24-30 go?" (and this is the only thing that makes me feel a little old, having that thought!)

My 20's have been great, filled with so many memories, some I'm proud of and many I'm not. But there is something about 30, that has sparked my brain into thinking about my birthday and the month of September, all the time. I honestly have to stop myself and live in the moment, as in my mind I've been 30 for a couple months now, even though my birthday isn't until September 9!

I remember being 18 and thinking 30 was so old :) I remember when I turned 21, my younger sister (only 18 months younger, by the way) said, "oh my gosh, you're 21, that means you're almost 25 (gasp!), that means you're almost 30." I remember just looking at her and thinking...well... let's leave that at a thought ;)  It's become a joke in our family related to all birthdays. I'm the oldest sibling and first cousin, so I get to hear the brunt of it, ALL the time, but I appreciate the role :)

The truth is, I feel younger, more energetic, more athletic and definitely more driven at (almost) 30, than I ever have in my whole life. I have such big goals for the future. If you want inspiration, read this blog titled 7 Famous People Who Found Success Starting in Their 30's. Wow.

As a tribute to my 30th year, I have decided to take on the challenge of doing 30 different hikes in 30 days, blogging about it and then hopefully publishing it into an E-book. It's not going to be all about hiking, but about attitude, about pursuit and about hitting a goal you set out to do. See I have set this goal and put it out there, so there is no way I'm not going to complete it. It doesn't mean it will be easy, in fact, I'll be away in Alabama for 3 days at the very end of the month, so there will need to be adjustments. But it will happen..

I challenge you, to take 30 days and pursue one thing. Make it positive, keep it simple and dedicate it to something to move your life forward. We are all in different life stages, on different paths, in different industries, with unique passions, and specific life goals. We can unite together with one common goal: to move forward. 

In health and prosperity,

Monica


1 comment:

  1. I turned 30 in March and it has been a great year so far! What a great goal you are making for yourself and Happy Birthday! Hope all is well. Your distant cousin:), Darbi Lewis

    ReplyDelete