Friday, April 27, 2012

Strategies to Improve your Allergies

This year more than ever before, allergies have been a big topic out and about. Based on some great suggestions from  fellow allergy sufferers, I have compiled a great list of suggestions that you can implement TODAY to help relieve symptoms.

Change Your Pillowcase...Frequently
You can also add to this, wash your hair before bed. Think about it. You are exposed to the elements all day (including allergens), and then when you lay your head down at night, you are laying down with your day in your hair. If you are waking up groggy or with a lack of energy and are also experiencing allergies, consider changing your pillowcase daily or every couple days. I bet you will notice a difference!

Gargle Salt or Seltzer Water
If coughing is one of your symptoms, try gargling which can help break up the pollen in your throat. Kind of weird, but if you are ingesting pollutants in the air, the gargling can help relieve this. I tried this when I was having coughing attacks and it really helped.

Take a Supplement
It's no secret that the pollen is high this year & it can cause you to feel groggy & unexcited.
For me, this year it's been kind of a weird head feeling with a feeling of disconnectedness or sometimes fuzzy eyesight. When I started noticing symptoms early March (including a uncontrollable cough that hit me 3 days in a row), I started taking Clearguard. A couple days later, I noticed significant relief and did not any more coughing attacks or weird disconnected feelings! Phew. Then about a week after that, I stopped taking the Clearguard because I was feeling better (must not need it right?!). Wrong! About two weeks after that, I started getting the symptoms again. Three days ago I started taking Clearguard again and while I'm still experiencing the disconnectedness, the coughing has already gone away. Expecting the rest of the symptoms to decease soon. Clearguard is inexpensive and all natural with acerola cherry (power antioxidant), cinnamon, and Spanish needles. I have several other success stories, if you want to know, just email me (not trying to infomercial it up, but I do very much believe in this product!)

Exercise Outdoors in Late Afternoon or Early Evening
According to a report on allergies from health.com, grass and trees release the majority of  pollen in the early morning and afternoon. If you're like me, and love the outdoors, wait til later in the day. Good thing it gets dark late!

If your allergies are super serious (or you have major immune issues)...

Consider a High Quality Air Purifier
My grandmother, who smokes indoors, has one of these in her home, and it make a world of difference when it comes to air quality. She's the most fun, spunky, clever 88 year old that you'll ever meet, but before she bought the air purifier it was really tough to breathe indoors when visiting. The air purifier I'm thinking of is the Atmosphere Air Purifier. It's an investment, but it's well worth it if you have severe trouble with allergies or have any type of auto-immune issues. It's 99.9% effective at removing contaminant particles like pollen, bacteria, dust mites, viruses, smoke, etc. Email me with questions!





I would love to hear comments from those of you with allergies and what you do to relieve symptoms!



No comments:

Post a Comment