Saturday, October 20, 2012

Personal Fitness Victory!

Seven years later, my dad and I revisited a straight up mountain climb that left me crying, panting and begging to go home. I didn't realize how out of shape I was then, until we did this hike. Revisiting the same starting point, and going for it, I found that while it wasn't easy, I could do it no problem (so could dad!), and we continued hiking afterwards for about 8 hours.

Seven years ago, this would not have been a reality. It feels great to achieve something like this and revisit something that was "impossible" at the time.

Whatever you want to achieve, even if you suck at it now, just keep getting better everyday.

It's never too late.

You can be fitter in one year than you are now.

Just be consistent.

Don't ever give up.

This video is from the top of the mountain, right after we finished the 20-minute ascent. A little red in the face, but still breathing and standing ;)

Monica's Fitness Victory: A Mountain Climbed!

1 comment: