Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall into Your Goals

The fall is always a time of renewal for me. 
The leaves falling reminds me of letting go of any baggage or negativity or any voices that may say, "no you can't do that." 
All that stuff falls to the ground and is raked away by us or washed away by the rain. What's left is a bare tree, ready to be renewed. You can be like this too, if you have things that you want to change. 
This month I have set 1 goal for myself and only one. It's scary, it's atypical, it's out of character, but I believe that hitting this one goal will catapult me & start the process of building momentum for what I really want.
Usually I set 3-4 business goals, 1 personal training goal, 1-2 personal health goals, a spiritual goal and an organizational goal. What? This is nuts--it's a lot of pressure, and it's unhealthy. And I almost never hit every goal I set (or even remember what they are a week or month later)
This month I have one business goal. 
One.  
This is the first time in my life I have only set one goal in a month. 
Change must be proceeded by change. 
I'll update you at the end of the month.
If you want change you have to change something. This is profound, I know. But how often do we desire change, but we change nothing. Or how often do we think we are changing, but then fall into old habits. 
 This fall, choose to fall into change. Pick one thing you want to accomplish and pursue it wholeheartedly. I bet that things will start to fall into place for you!  
Ok, enough puns about fall, it's time to take action. 
What do you want? What are you willing to do for it? Where do you see yourself at the end of October? Did you hit your goal?

In health & prosperity, 
Monica

2 comments:

  1. Good luck achieving your goal! I've got a bunch of smaller goals this month--you know?--this could also be said as a bunch of bigger goals that are already ALMOST finished and will soon be done completely once and for all :-)
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. Thank you for bringing this up Laura. I know you will hit your goals! I'm glad you mention this though, because I don't want it to seem like setting one goal is the secret--it's definitely not! And even with one goal, I have a bunch of sub-goals and action steps that need to be taken in order to hit the big goal. In my opinion, goal setting is not linear, its ever changing and the goals are ever changing, depending on where one is at and what they are trying to accomplish. Thanks for responding!

    ReplyDelete