Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Stressed? Try something different

For the last three days or so, I've been putting loads of stress on myself. Last night I had a dream that I ran 100 miles down a dark street encountering all sorts of intense obstacles (it was a long night!)

This kind of stress is common for those of use with a strong personality who want everything done now and perfectly. We put pressure on ourselves to perform and have something to show for it... Right away!

Yesterday I prayed that God show me my next move. Where should I focus? Am I doing the right things for people, for their goals, for my goals. Am I doing what You want me to do? You don't have to be spiritual to have these thoughts. We all experience this fro time to time (even if we are on the right path). We can be on the right path and and doing the right things but we don't have perspective on the end point of what the next encounter will be. The message I got yesterday was, "you start and don't wait for results; things don't happen immediately."

Ugh!

Ever hear something and know its true, but don't want to address it?

Welcome!

For me, I think and reflect best on a trail, outdoors, whether it be running or biking. Driving is another way.

Today I tried something new. I ran my usual trail, but decided to listen to intense classical music during my run. As is common, I wiped out once and almost fell backwards down a rockface once, but I ran the trail faster than. I've done this year and felt totally alive. With songs like Lux Aeterna or, its easy to run to the notes and feel powerful.

Got some great thinking in and a much needed stress relief all because it as something new. The path wasn't new, but the info going into my mind helped stimulate the good brain cells :)

Today I was running toward something as opposed to away from something as in the dream last night. Win!

Everyone will be different, if you've ever felt like the above, try something different, even its simple.

1 comment:

  1. Powerful message there, Monica, thanks for sharing. Glad you got some stress relief! Sometimes I run my normal routes in reverse - it's amazing how much different everything seems. I haven't listened to my iPod much lately, maybe I need to try some different sorts of music.
    -emily

    ReplyDelete